Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Lord's Continued Care

Well, this morning I woke up with horrible cramps and was thinking it may be a miscarriage. I called the doctor and she said to drink lots of water, take some tylenol, and rest and if it worsened to call back. Well, the pain just grew worse, I was throwing up repeatedly, and was only able to take a few steps so I called back. The nurse told me they could get me in at 11:15 so I called Seth to come home and take me.

We got to the doctor and I was just in excruciating pain. They checked baby's heart beat and it was good, so they started to suspect appendicitis. They sent me to a surgeon to get checked out. He said that they would have to do a laparoscopy and there would be a 10-15% of losing the baby. That was really our only option because if it was the appendix and it burst we would lose the baby for sure.

They did the surgery this evening and sure enough it was my appendix so they removed it and the baby is doing wonderful. I am so thankful for such a great God!

Thank you for all your prayers, they were heard and the Lord deserves all the glory for the protection of this little one.

14 comments:

jenica said...

Oh Marcie! We were so worried for you! What a relief that it was appendicitis. I'm sure having surgery wasn't in the plan, but we are praising the Lord for His ways and protection.
Hopefully you can recover and start enjoying this pregnancy. So happy for you both!

Reagan said...

Congratulations!

Kari said...

We are so happy for you and Seth at the news of a little baby. You are certainly in our prayers and thoughts. Love you.

Charissa said...

Marcie! :-)
I am so excited for you.
I can hear the joy in your voice as I read your blogs.

We do serve an incredible God who loves and cares for us beyond what we can fathom!

Kelly said...

Marcie, I know we've never met but I know of you through Shawna and my other friends at the Topeka chapel! I've prayed for you and Seth often over the last year. I was praying for you last night and am so thankful to hear that it was "just an appendix"! Congratulations on the news of a new little one! It's exciting to watch the Lord show His faithfulness to you and Seth.

Brooke said...

You're a good secret keeper! I can't believe you held this in for 12 weeks!!! We are so excited for you guys and will continue to pray for you and your little "fuzz ball".

Rachel said...

We are so glad for you guys!

Eryn said...

Thank you God! and congratulations. i will continue to pray for a healthy, happy pregnancy.

bandanachick said...

Praise the Lord! We are so excited for you and glad that everything turned out okay.
We will keep you in our prayers throughout the rest of this pregnancy.

Mrs.A said...

We are praying for you and praising the Lord for his protection over you and your little one!

Love you bunches, Sweetie!

Jenny & Merlin

Scott and Lynn said...

Congratulations guys! We are so thankful that you and the baby are safe, Marcie. Thankful for the wisdom of your doctors and the success of the surgery... We will pray for you - what a blessing :)
The Lord is good!

Rachel C said...

Marcie, so excited to hear the news-You are going to be an excellent mom the way you are with all the kids. I will keep you in my prayers through the pregnancy.

Unknown said...

you are SUCH a good secret keeper!! =) i cant believe you knew when i talked to you, and even asked and you still didnt slip! i am so glad you are ok, and i sure do love you a ton! i'm so excited for this new little one growing inside of you, and i cant wait for him/her to meet their aunt kristiface!!! =)

Anna Erb said...

Marcie, I'm praying for you and am so glad to hear that the surgery went well.

The Lord truly is so good to us and faithful to supply our every need.

So excited to hear the good news about your pregnancy...Congrats!

Love you...