Sunday, November 4, 2007

More Blood Thinners

Well, on Monday (before everything happened), I had some blood work done to check the levels of Lovenox (the blood thinner) in me blood. So far I have been on 40mg once a day, so one shot a day. They called me on Friday and said that I had no level in my blood, so what I had injected the night before the test had already left my system. My perinatologist and ob talked and decided based on my history and the two blotting disorders I have, to up my dose to the maximum. This means I will be giving myself shot 2x a day and they will be 60mg of Lovenox. So, in a nut shell, no more shaving (with a razor that is...) and I will need to be careful with any cuts since I won't clot off easy.

I am very thankful they are upping my dose because I have felt that it wasn't enough since I would clot off so easily whenever I cut myself. So, praise the Lord for taking care of us once again!

3 comments:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

oh good, i'm so glad to hear that too. i was just trying to explain the situation to my mom the other day... and wondering how you were doing with the shots. =) praying for you and thinking about you all the time!!! love you marcie!

Jessie said...

That is great to hear-we will be keeping all of you in our prayers.

Tami@ourhouse said...

Hi! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I don't know if you remember me, but I commented awhile back on your other blog. My husband and I also lost our first son halfway through my pregnancy. We now have four healthy children. I just scrolled back through your previous posts and can so easily relate to how you reacted when you found out you were expecting a new little one! Cautious joy, right?
You will be in my prayers as your baby grows.
In Christ,
Tami