Thursday, June 12, 2008

Samuel's Baby Brother

I originally started this blog as a place to celebrate this pregnancy and to share the journey of life after the loss of our dear son, Samuel. It has been a place where I could talk about my feelings of being pregnant again – my hopes, fears, and joy.

For the past few weeks I have been trying to think of a way to conclude this blog. A very thoughtful friend gave me this onesie and I thought this was the perfect ending to a new beginning.

I do get sad thinking about what good "buds" the two boys would have been. I do grieve Samuel in new ways as I come to realize even more what we have lost through the overwhelming love and joy we have when we look at Landon. I know with each milestone that Landon reaches, there will be a thought of Samuel. When he smiles, "what would Samuel's smile have been like?" when he laughs, rolls over, takes his first steps there will always be a little bit of me that grieves in those moments of happiness. This is the human side of me. However, there is great comfort in knowing that Samuel is in the presence of our Lord and Savior as I type this. I never have to worry about him as I already do Landon, he is in the best care possible! Samuel will always be Landon’s “big brother;” he has just made it home first.

Thank you for all the support and prayers throughout my pregnancy – you have all been a huge encouragement to me.

From now on I’ll be posting over at my original blog.

Some similarities between the two: Samuel was 10.5oz, Landon was nearly 9.5lbs. They were both born on Saturdays in the 9th hour.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't even imagine the loss you feel when you consider the things you will miss with Samuel. I know that our situations are different, but in some way I can relate when I consider all the things we miss with Dad being gone. I know it is different with a child, but I hope that I can pray for you in an understanding way!

I hurt so much for you and also rejoice with you. What a strange thing grief is.

Thank you for all the things you have shared on this blog. I know they have ministered to me! Love you!

Kari said...

How precious Marcie. I hope that you make a book from this blog, it would be really special now and over time.
I love Landon's shirt, who had the great idea to make it for Landon?
I can't believe how big he already is. You've almost got a toddler on your hands. ;)

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

awww, very precious marcie. thank you for sharing your heart with us. you have such a wonderful heavenly perspective, and i am encouraged just as much by you! love you lots!

Jessie said...

It is a beautiful way to end your blog. Thank you for sharing yourself and your struggles.
We rejoice in Landon's life and all the joy he brings you and pray for your continued peace over Samuel's loss.
I think the shirt is a really sweet idea thanks for sharing.

tsbjf said...

What a cute onsie! And I can totally relate with how you'll always think of Samuel, because there hasn't been a day that's gone by that I haven't thought of Taylor. There's always something during the day that triggers thoughts of her. It is comforting to know that our kids are with Jesus!