Monday, December 17, 2007

Prayer Request

Last week I went to the doctor because one of the incisions from my appendectomy was infected. They put me on an antibiotic and tested the fluid from the infection. Today they called and said that the antibiotic they put me on was resistant to the infection that I have (which is some kind of Staph). The problem is, I am allergic to three different antibiotics and they are already limited on what ones they can put you on in pregnancy. So, they had to put me on one that is a derivative of one that I am allergic to. There is a 10% chance that I will develop an allergic reaction to this one and if I do I don't know what they would do to treat it. I would just appreciate prayer that I will not develop a reaction to this antibiotic, that the infection will go away, and that the baby will stay protected. I am also home in Iowa until Christmas so it could be complicated if anything goes wrong...

THANK YOU!

4 comments:

Reagan said...

We will be praying for you!

Kari said...

Marcie, I'm praying that the antibiotic will work well without a reaction. Keep us posted.

Charity said...

Marcie,
Praying for you!
Hope you enjoy your time in IA for Christmas.. Tony and I are headed there in a few days also :-)

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

ohhh, sweet marcie! i am praying! how are you feeling now? you are such a trooper!! love you!