Sunday, May 18, 2008

1 week old

Landon and I are doing very well. He had his first doctor's appointment last week and all looked well. The doctor originally thought he had a bruise on his cheek, but he now thinks it is a birth mark. He said sometimes a birth mark in that location can be associated with an eye problem. He doesn't seem concerned, but wants him to be seen by a pediatric eye doctor just to be safe. Otherwise he was gaining his weight back and didn't have any signs of jaundice. He is sleeping very well at night with 3 to 4 hour stretches - it's amazing how good those stretches of sleep feel!

My mom left yesterday which is sad, but she really did help us through the hardest part. We are planning on going to Colorado in a few days for Brian and Rachelle's wedding. We would appreciate prayer that Landon would do well and not get sick.

Here are some more pictures:

Sweet boy



Staring at daddy



Bath Time. He really got this towel good after his sponge bath, I hope it comes clean!



Big lips

8 comments:

Lista said...

Dr. Groves at His Vision for Kids is the best pediatric ophthalmologist in town. (I've seen them all!) He routinely prays for our kids at their appointments. If your insurance will allow it, you should take your sweet boy to see him.

Marcie said...

Thanks for the advise, I'll definitely look into seeing him. I need to come by sometime and pick up that cute sweater, maybe this week before we leave for the wedding.

Lista said...

That would be great! Or if you don't feel like getting out, I can come by your house. I know what an ordeal it can be to get a little one up and out the door. Feed, change the diaper, discover you need to change the outfit, baby spits up on the new outfit and you have to change that, then it's time to feed again! I remember feeling like I was never going to leave my house in under three hours again! :o)

jenica said...

He's so sweet Marcie! I can't wait to see him in person.

It's great you get to go to the wedding!

tsbjf said...

Such a cute little baby, I'm so happy for you!!!

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

i love it! thanks for all the pictures, its great to see him! he is so adorable! =)

Reagan said...

I've never thought about my kids having birthmarks on their face! That's so unique - I love the birthmark that I have (course it's on my leg) hopefully it isn't an eye issue for landon.

Abbey said...

I love all the pictures! He is so adorable! Glad you guys get to go to the wedding! I will be praying for the little guy's immune system! Have a safe trip!