Thursday, March 27, 2008

33 Week Appointment

Well, I guess they don't do measurements on the ultrasound each week, more like every 3 weeks. They are just checking the fluid around the baby and keeping an eye on the clot. The fluid levels looked great and my tummy measured 36/37 cm! I did the non-stress test where they put the external monitors for the heart and contractions and I push a button to tell them when I feel movement. I was surprised to find myself having a hard time with that. It brought back memories of being in the hospital with Samuel when I had to wear that monitor. I had to lay so still with him since he was so little and it did not want to stay on, I very much hated that thing. It wasn't so bad today, it was just the memories I guess. It's weird how little things will bring you back to those moments...

All else looked good. The doctor says that when one of her patients hits 34 weeks she feels great about everything. She said if he were to be born it would only be a 1-2 week NICU stay! That was very reassuring to hear. I have a shower tonight and another this weekend so I will post pictures of the room soon (maybe next week...).

4 comments:

Reagan said...

I'm sorry that there are so many things that come up to remind you of losing Samuel. I can't imagine how hard that must be.

Good to hear it's coming along so well though!

Jessie said...

Glad to hear you are both doing well, we are continuing to pray .
Have fun at the shower.

Anonymous said...

Did the doc say anything about the clot today?? i have been praying for you lots and telling others to pray!! I love you! I do hope that your birth goes smoothly and it does cause you to remember bittersweet memories. xoxo!

tsbjf said...

Those monitors are always a pain because it seems like they have to be readjusted all the time. Although the one for contractions is good when it's in the right place; I know it helped Jeremy visualize the pain I was going through, to an extent. Glad to hear everything is going well!