Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ultrasound Report

I had an ultrasound today and all is looking well. Baby is measuring three weeks ahead with an estimated weight of 5lbs 5oz! I know that can be off, but still, he's a big one. One thing the doctor said is that I do have a clot on my placenta at the same place I had one with Samuel. He said at this point he is not concerned, it's just if it starts interfering with growth (which at this point it's obviously not) or if I start having symptoms like I did with Samuel (fluid retention, contractions, etc...). It makes me a little nervous knowing I have a clot there, but I am so thankful to be this far along so even if he had to be born early he would have a great chance. He also wants to switch me from Lovenox to Heparin sooner (in two weeks) instead of waiting til I'm 36 weeks, since the baby is measuring so far ahead. The main reason they switch is because the effects of Heparin can be reversed if I were to go into labor and with Lovenox they can't. Otherwise the doctor says things are looking great.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

We will PRAY PRAY PRAY for safety for you both and for you to be able to have peace.

Shawna said...

Marcie we will be praying for you guys...all three of you. I am so glad the dr thinks everything looks good, and that he is so big. We can't wait to meet him.

Rachel said...

When I read your post tonight, this verse popped into my head,

"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

Praying for your comfort and encouragement tonight, Marcie. Can't wait to see pics of your little guy soon.

jenica said...

I will be praying that you will be "anxious for nothing" and that the Lord will give you calmness.

How wonderful he is growing so well!

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

definitely praying for you here too! =)

Abbey said...

Praying for you guys! We love to hear the updates!